Active Directory Migration Tool v3.0
Microsoft has recently released the Active Directory Migration Tool version 3 (ADMT v3). This tool simplifies the process of restructuring your operating environment to meet the needs of your organization. You can use ADMT v3 to migrate users, groups, and computers from NT 4.0 domains to Active Directory domains; between Active Directory domains in different forests (interforest migration); and between Active Directory domains in the same forest (intraforest migration). ADMT v3 also performs security translation from Windows NT 4.0 domains to Active Directory domains and between Active Directory domains in different forests. Here are the system requirements.
1. Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition for 64-Bit Itanium-Based Systems; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Small Business Server 2003.
2. ADMT can be installed on any computer capable of running the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
3. Target domain: The target domain must be running either Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003.
4. Source domain: The source domain must be running Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, or Windows NT Server 4.0.
5. The primary domain controller (PDC) of a Windows NT Server 4.0 source domain must have SP4 or higher installed.
6. The ADMT agent (installed by ADMT on the source computers) can operate on computers running Windows NT Server 4.0 (with SP4 or higher); Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
Click here to download the tool.