Crash Windows 2000 on Purpose
Are you a developer who needs to crash Windows 2000 on purpose? Use the following procedure to crash Windows on demand.
1. Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters.
3. On the Edit menu, click on New, DWORD.
4. Type CrashOnCtrlScroll and press Enter.
5. Double-click the new entry and set the value to any non-zero value, e.g. 7.
6. Restart your computer.
After the reboot you can crash the system anytime by holding the Ctrl key down and pressing the Scroll Lock key twice. You’ll see the code MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH (0xE2) on the screen. Sometimes if you can’t use the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination, try using the Ctrl + Scroll Lock combination instead.