How to submit an InfoPath form to a WSS document library
The following information is documented in Microsoft’s KB article 826993. The KB article also covers in details the steps related to InfoPath 2003 but I am only posting the portion that relates to InfoPath 2007.
In Microsoft Office InfoPath, you cannot submit form data to a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services document library directly. This article describes how to design a form template that uses script to submit form data to a Windows SharePoint Services document library.
In InfoPath, you can submit the form data to a Windows SharePoint Services document library directly by using the UI. This article contains the steps that you have to use to do this.
Design your form data source and layout in InfoPath 2007
1. Start InfoPath 2007.
2. Click Design a Form Template, click Blank, and then click OK.
3. In the Design Tasks pane, click Data Source.
4. Right-click myFields, and then click Add.
5. In the Add Field or Group window, type FirstName as the name of the field, and then click OK.
6. In the Add Field or Group window, type MiddleInitial as the name of the field, and then click OK.
7. In the Add Field or Group window, type LastName as the name of the field, and then click OK.
8. Add the myFields group to the form, and then click Controls in Layout Table.
Submit the form data to a SharePoint Services document library
You can use script or the UI to submit the form data to the SharePoint Services document library.
Use the UI to submit the form data to a SharePoint Services document library in InfoPath 2007
1. On the Tools menu, click Submit Options. The Submit Options dialog box appears.
2. In the Submit Options dialog box, click Allow users to submit this form.
3. Click to select the Send form data to a single destination check box.
4. In the drop-down list, click SharePoint Document Library.
5. In the Submit Options dialog box, click Add. The Data Connection Wizard starts.
6. Type your SharePoint document library link in the Document Library box. Your document library link may resemble the following: http://ServerName/SiteName/DocumentLibraryName.
7. Type the document name in the File name box. You can use a document name such as TestForm.
8. Click Next.
9. In the Enter a name for this data connection box, type a name for this data connection.
10. In the Data Connection Wizard, click Finish.
11. In the Submit Options dialog box, click OK.
12. Save your form template as SubmitToWSS2007.xsn.
Test your form in InfoPath 2007
1. On the File menu, click Fill Out a Form.
2. In the Fill Out a Form task pane, click SubmitToWSS2007.
3. Complete the form.
4. On the File menu, click Submit. If the form is submitted successfully, you receive a message that indicates this.
5. Quit InfoPath. If you are prompted to save your changes to the form, click No.
6. Start Windows Internet Explorer. Locate your document form library. For example, your document form library may be http://ServerName/SiteName/DocumentLibraryName. A new item that is named testform is in the document library.
7. Click testform. The form that you submitted opens in InfoPath 2007.