Is your IE Tab behaving badly in Firefox?
The other day, while working at a client on a consulting assignment, I was using my Firefox browser and going through my client’s proxy server. I was able to connect to most sites but not all. For example, I wasn’t able to get to a KB article that I needed on Microsoft’s Web site.
When I entered the proxy server address in Internet Explorer (IE) and tried to connect to the sites that I couldn’t connect in Firefox, I was able to connect just fine. Then I switched to Firefox and was able to connect to all the sites that I couldn’t connect earlier. So what I discovered is this. When you use Firefox’s IE Tab Add-on (that lets you run the IE engine in a Firefox tab) it doesn’t just mimic IE behavior, it actually uses IE settings as well, such as the proxy server settings that are configured in IE. Hope this helps you if you run into this situation some day.