Making the “Change Password” option visible in Outlook Web Access
If you use Exchange Server 2003 and would like to make the Change Password option available to your Outlook Web Access (OWA) users, you’ll need to modify the registry. Unlike Exchange 2000 OWA, the option is not visible by default in Exchange 2003 OWA. You can modify the registry on your Exchange Server 2003 to make the Password Change button available to your OWA users by using the following procedure.
1. Start the registry editor (regedit.exe) on your Exchange Server 2003.
2. Go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA.
3. Double-click DisablePassword in the right-hand pane.
4. Change the value from the default 1 (which disables the password option) to 0 so that the password option is enabled.
5. Go to Administrative Tools, Services.
6. Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service and the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
Now your users can go to the Options section in OWA and change their passwords using the newly visible Change Password button.