SharePoint Server 2010 Poster-Size Technical Diagrams
Microsoft offers some really nice technical diagrams for SharePoint Server 2010. Many of these resources are visual representations of recommended solutions. They include poster-sized documents available in formats including Microsoft Office Visio 2007 or Microsoft Visio 2010 files (.vsd), PDF files, and XPS files.
Models are 34-by-44-inch posters that detail a specific technical area. These models are intended to be used with corresponding articles on TechNet. These models are created by using Office Visio 2007. You can modify the Visio files to illustrate how you plan to incorporate Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products in your own environment.
The technical diagrams include the following. I have included links to the PDF files but as I mentioned above, you can also get these posters in Visio and XPS formats.
- Design Sample: Corporate Portal with Classic Authentication
- Design Sample: Corporate Portal with Claims-based Authentication
- SharePoint 2010 Products Deployment
- Services in SharePoint 2010 Products
- Cross-farm Services in SharePoint 2010 Products
- Topologies for SharePoint Server 2010
- Extranet Topologies for SharePoint 2010 Products
- Hosting Environments in SharePoint 2010 Products
- Search Technologies for SharePoint 2010 Products
- Search Environment Planning for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Search Architectures for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Design Search Architectures for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Business Connectivity Services Model
- Content Deployment in SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Upgrade Planning
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Upgrade Approaches
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 — Test Your Upgrade Process
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 — Services Upgrade
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 — Upgrading Parent and Child Farms
- Getting started with Business Intelligence in SharePoint Server 2010
- Databases That Support SharePoint 2010 Products
- SharePoint 2010 Products: Virtualization Process
- Governance for SharePoint Server 2010
Tips for Printing Posters
If you have a plotter, you can print these posters in their full size. If you don’t have plotter, use the following steps to print on smaller paper.
Print posters on smaller paper
- Open the poster in Visio.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup.
- On the Print Setup tab, in the Printer paper section, select the size of paper you want to print on.
- On the Print Setup tab, in the Print zoom section, click Fit to, and then enter 1 sheet across by 1 sheet down.
- On the Page Size tab, click Size to fit drawing contents, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Print.
If you are interested in Visio or XPS formats of these technical drawings then click here.