SQL Server 2008 R2 Pricing
Microsoft SQL Server licensing provides the option to purchase SQL Server 2008 R2 under a Server/CAL licensing model with a server operating system license and incremental Client Access Licenses (CALs), or a Per Processor license model.
NOTE: The following table provides guidance on estimated Open NL level pricing for U.S. and Canadian editions of SQL Server 2008 R2 offered in the Volume Licensing program. These prices were posted on Microsoft’s Web site on March 1, 2011. For current pricing information please visit Microsoft’s Web site.
|Per Processor||Server/CAL||Per User|
|Editions||License||Software Assurance||License||Software Assurance||User/Device CAL||User/Device Software Assurance||Developer Tools License|
|SQL Server Datacenter*||$54,990.00||$13,748.00||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|SQL Server Enterprise||$27,495.00||$6,874.00||$8,592.00||$2,148.00||NA||NA||NA|
|SQL Server Standard||$7,171.00||$1,793.00||$898.00||$224.00||NA||NA||NA|
|SQL Server Workgroup||$3,743.00||$936.00||$730.00 (includes 5 Workgroup CALs)||$182.00 (includes 5 Workgroup CALs)||NA||NA||NA|
|SQL Workgroup CAL||NA||NA||NA||NA||$148.00||$37.00||NA|
|SQL Server Web*||$3,500.00 (or $15 per month in SPLA)||$876.00||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|SQL Server Developer||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||$37.00|
|SQL Server Express||Free Download|
|SQL Server Compact||Free Download|
|SQL Server 2008 R2 Trial||Free Download|
* SQL Server Datacenter and SQL Server Web are offered in the VL Channel Only
– Unless otherwise noted, all editions are licensed in the Volume Licensing (VL) and Retail Full Packaged Product (FPP) sales channels.
– Estimated prices are provided in US dollars and are representative of Open NL level pricing for a company purchasing a small number of licenses via volume licensing distribution partners in the United States.
– Software Assurance prices are annual estimates for comparative purposes only.
– Actual reseller pricing may vary.
– To find the Microsoft Web site for your country/region, visit the Worldwide sites page.