Unable to convert Internet Paths to Hyperlink in Outlook or Word
If you are using Word as your editor in Outlook 2007 and are unable to convert Internet addresses, such as http://www.techgalaxy.net/ to http://www.techgalaxy.net/, you may need to make a change in the Word AutoCorrect option.
Here’s the procedure.
1. In Word 2007, go to the Editor Options. You can also go to Editor Options from within Outlook 2007 if you click on the Customize Quick Access Toolbar link in the title bar.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow and click More Commands.
3. In the Editor Options window click Proofing.
4. Click on the AutoCorrect Options button.
5. Click the “AutoFormat As you Type” tab.
6. In the “Replace as you type” section, check the box “Internet and network paths with hyperlinks”, as shown below. Notice that this option is also available on the AutoFormat tab. You may also want to check that box if you prefer.
There is no need to start Word or Outlook for this change to take effect.