What you should know about Windows Server 2003 R2
Here are some Windows Server 2003 R2 highlights.
1. Windows Server 2003 R2 is an update release of the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
2. R2, built on Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1, takes advantage of the stability and security of this proven code base while extending connectivity and control into new areas.
3. R2 offers all the benefits of Windows Server 2003 with SP1 while greatly improving identity and access management, branch server solutions, storage setup and management, and Web platform.
4. Windows Server 2003 R2 is easy to integrate into an existing Windows Server 2003 environment as it has the same application compatibility, manageability, and serviceability as the existing servers with SP1.
5. Windows Server 2003 R2 Microsoft helps customers efficiently extend their business infrastructure over the Web while reducing development and management costs. For the first time with Windows Server 2003 R2 customers get the .NET Framework 2.0 and ASP.NET 2.0, which when combined with Windows SharePoint Services and IIS 6.0, provides a secure, reliable, scalable and easy to manage Web platform.
You can also learn more about R2 on the Microsoft.com Web site:
Launch Page: Launch keynote, demos, web casts
What’s New in R2: High-level overview of Windows Server 2003 R2
Trial software: Download site for Evaluation software
Reviewer’s Guide: Deeper technical Windows Server 2003 R2 content
What’s New in R2 Licensing: Updates to the new R2 licensing model
R2 FAQ: Commonly asked questions
R2 Case Studies: Showcase of customers who have already experienced benefits of R2
Enterprise Edition: Dedicated section to EE
R2 Partners: Showcase of industry partners supporting Windows Server 2003 R2